EntLib-62298 .NET4 Built Successfully using Pragmas

Topics: Building and extending application blocks
Dec 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Hi All,

The latest drop of Enterprise Library converts easily and successfully to .NET 4.0 Beta 2 with very simple pragmas to strip away obsolete permissions logic. This means that the build only supports FULL TRUST. However, because pragmas were used, the variation points are now well mapped out.  In simple English... This means that the P&P team will likely be able to deliver a release version in .NET 4.0 without significant problems or undue delay (hint, hint...).

All but 1 out of 5700 odd TESTS PASSED!    [Oracle tests were excluded] j There are screenshots included in the source tree showing the individual block test results.

The one test that failed was related to WPF binding and I'm not sure whether that is just an anomaly of the test logic or if it is a genuine bug. In any case, I think those results are pretty amazing!

Be the first kid on your "block" to develop enterprise applications in .NET4

Download your copy NOW from the Composure site. Make sure you grab changeset 62298, and NOT the earlier changeset 61455 that was converted several days ago. This new version is much cleaner and it is well verified in the sense that I understood what I was doing this time!

\'-)

BTW: After I get a little sleep I'll begin throwing up some documentation to explain in detail exactly how I went about building it.