WebApp asking for EntLib 3.1 and 4.1

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Hi,

I have a web application that was originally using 3.1 recently i built the app and it is asking me for 4.1, so i updated the web.config, references to use 4.1 but alas it starts asking me for 3.1 again and this goes round and round. The error message is below jumping from 4.1 to 3.1. I cannot find any help on the web with this wierd behaviour. Please advise?

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Thanks,
JK.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:41 AM

What version is installed on your machine? What version do you really intend to use?

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I had just 3.1 installed on my machine, and i wanted to use 3.1.

Some of the projects of the solution were referencing 4.1, so I changed them to 3.1 and it works. But if I update all projects to 4.1 including the web app. It still asks for 3.1, there is still a reference somewhere to 3.1?

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Hi,

First check all the references if they are referencing the correct version of ent lib. Make sure that the property "Specific Version" of the reference is set to true. also update all your configuration files to point to the correct version of ent lib. Have a clean rebuild and try again.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com