Impact on Testing core requirements (not EL itself)

Topics: General discussion
Oct 30, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I've searched around and can't find anything on the benefits/pitfalls in terms of system/user/performance testing of projects written with EL4.1

In terms of unit testing, I can see how things like listeners can be mocked out, but is there anything else I need to be considering or make note of that would either improve or slow down testing?  These tests will be external to the development team and include things like validation and exception handling.

We intend to use the PIAB and wherever possible use configuration rather than attributes.  I know the configuration tool will validate the config itself, but thats only syntactically and not functionally.  Are there any tools out there that can either document or validate e.g. the rulesets?

Many Thanks.

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Hi,

One thing I remember when I unit tested some classes that uses ent lib functionality, we use to define the validation rulesets/exception handling in the app.config of the unit test project. I dont know any tools that does what you've described. Since you'll be using PIAB, maybe you could try using the EffectivePolicyViewer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd140028.aspx

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com