Execute Via UNC path

Topics: Logging Application Block
Oct 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I have a simple application that I can run via the unc path \\[server]\app\app.exe.

But when I try and run the application from a fully qualified path it does not work, \\server.domain.com\app\app.exe.
I ran caspol.exe in the directory from the computer that is running the application and verified that the exec has unrestricted access.
I also added the the domain as a trusted site using IE security settings.
I also signed my application with a key.
I verified that I am using the public key in my app.config file and that the same version exists on the server the application is located from

I get the following error: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for loggingConfiguration. Can not load file or assembly.

Any ideas what would be different between running the application by qualifying the domain and not?

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I ran the application again and got a different error:
An error occurred creating the configiuration section handler for loggingConfiguration: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Oct 22, 2009 at 1:59 AM

What version of entlib are you using? Please read first the documentation regarding running entlib on partial trust environments - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd140119.aspx

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.