AzRoles Windows XP

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion, Security Application Block
Oct 7, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I've developed a Windows Forms based application that uses the Enterprise Library 4.1 and the Security Provider AzMan within the Security Block.   The development was done on a Vista 32 based machine.  The problem I'm having is that when I deploy the application on a machine running Windows XP PRO SP3 I get the message "The specified network provider is invalid".  I should mention that the AzMan store is located in a SQL Server database.  The application works fine under Vista or Windows7.  I assume the problem is due to the version of azroles on the WinXP machine not supporting ability to connect to a SQL Provider.  Can the azroles be updated under Windows XP SP3 to the same version used by Vista?  Thanks. 

References Included:

App Config Redirect

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles" publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35" culture="neutral"/>
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="" newVersion=""/>

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:04 AM

The problem is AZMAN with SQL store is not supported in windows xp.  I'm afraid your only option is to implement a different store in your xp machine.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.