CAB - DEC2005 AND EntLib 3.0

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Caching Application Block , Cryptography Application Block, Data Access Application Block, Enterprise Library Core, Exception Handling Application Block, General discussion, Logging Application Block, Pre-release discussions, Security Application Block, Validation Application Block
Feb 8, 2007 at 6:34 PM
Hi, I have a problem. We are developing application that uses Data and Logging block, that I switched from EL 2.0 to EL 3.0. The problem is that UI team uses also CAB that uses ObjectBuilder ver 1.0.51205.0, but the new EL uses 1.0.51206.0.
Do you know will be there a version of CAB that uses the same ObjectBuilder version?
I know that I can rebuild CAB with new ObjectBuilder, but I am not sure that it is smart to do that because we are in late phase of the project.

Thanks,
IndigoCowboy
Feb 8, 2007 at 7:24 PM
I don't believe there is a version of CAB built against the 1.0.51206.0 version of OB. However there are no breaking changes between those two builds - in fact I believe the only difference was a change to some security demand attributes that were required for partial trust support. So rebuilding CAB against the new build should be very low risk.

Tom
Apr 3, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Actually I tried this but I get the following error when I build the EL 3.0 solution using the newly build ObjectBuilder ver 1.0.51206.0.

'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Instrumentation.ValidationInstrumentationListenerCustomFactory' does not implement interface member 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.ICustomFactory.CreateObject(Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.IBuilderContext, string, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.IConfigurationSource, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.ConfigurationReflectionCache)' C:\EntLib3Src\App Blocks\Src\Validation\Instrumentation\ValidationInstrumentationListenerCustomFactory.cs 25 18 Validation

Did anybody manage to get the 2 to work side by side succesfully?
Apr 3, 2007 at 10:12 PM
Hello,

@triplea: I think IndigoCowboy needs to rebuild CAB against the new ObjectBuilder (instead of EL like you said in your post). I believe EL3.0 is allready build against the new version.

@IndigoCowboy: I don't know if this will work but you could try to add bindingredirect statement in your app.config. When there is search for the old version this will redirect it to the new version

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll" culture="" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.51205.0" newVersion="1.0.51206.0"/>
</dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Best regards,
Ike
Apr 3, 2007 at 10:14 PM
Hello,

Also look at this link (also posted in this forum I guess a day ago or so). Someone with the exact same problem
http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=8783

Best regards,
Ike