EnterpriseLibrary.Data 1.1 in Framework 3.5

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Aug 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Hello,

I have a web app that was written in framework 1.1 using EnterpriseLibrary 1.1.  It has been in production for 3 years usually has 200 concurrent users and 1000 users a day.  This August I upgraded it to framework 3.5.  The conversion went fairly smoothly and the app is now in QA.  It has about 50 user testing/playing with it and once every other day I’m getting:

[InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.]

So either the conversion has added unclosed readers (dosent seem likely) or Framework 3.5 does something odd to EnterpriseLibary 1.1.

Is there any known issues with framework 3.5 using EnterpriseLibrary 1.1?  I was hoping I could convert that at a later date.

Thanks for your time,

Mark

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:11 AM

Actually, it is not a supported scenario.  Enterprise Library 1.1 supports the .net framework version 1.1.  Starting entlib 2.0, it already uses .net framework 2.0 where configuration was heavily modified.  Here is a related FAQ item - http://entlib.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Is%20it%20possible%20to%20upgrade%20a%20version%201.x%20Enterprise%20Library%20configuration%20file%20to%20any%20newer%20versions%3f&referringTitle=Home.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com