Setup Project for Ent Lib

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion
Aug 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Ok guys I have recompiled the EntLib with a strong name and now wants to package it for deployment.

I have a few questions :

1. Why weren't the setup project included in the source ? Where can I find one ?

2. I am having problems getting the integration to Visual Studio to work in my setup package. Is there a special trick ?

3. What product was used to create the setup package ? Wix or Visual Studio ?

Thanks Rudolph

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:47 AM

I can't answer question 1 and 3, it's something we need the entlib team to answer.  As for your second question,  I personally want to try this out first before suggesting it to you but I don't have a clean machine right now to be able to verify if it works so you might be able to do it much faster.  You definitely need to put some registry entries, something like this - as part of the installation.  Make sure to modify the .reg file's entries for product version (, folders pointing to the 3.1 installation folder and the public key token of the VisualStudioIntegration dll.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

Aug 17, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am using EntLib 4.1. Will see if I can change the entries for version 4.1 , but if somebody have the registry

keys that needs to be registered for 4.1 I would love to get them .

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:27 AM
Edited Aug 19, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I actually have tried to use that for the 4.1 version by editing the values I mentioned above.  I just haven't tried to use it for a recompiled assembly of entlib, not sure if it still needs update to other values.  Do let me know if if works for you.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.