Deployment Problems

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Data Access Application Block, General discussion
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I am deploying a console app, it copys a MySQL database to a SQL 2005 database works fine on a Win XP system.  When I go to deploy on a Win 2003 64bit Enterprise server I get the following:

"member name: System.object ExecuteBuildUp<microsoft.practices.objectBuilder2.iBuilderContex>  Class defining member: microsoft.practices.objectbuilder2.strategychain    method type: Method    Message: the current build operation <build key Build Key[microsoft.practices.enterpriselibrary.data.database, MySQLServer_conn]> failed:Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed. <strategy type configuredObjectStrateg, index2>   Source: microsoft.practice.objectbuilder2"

So after all that, the tech server people say that a) .net 3.5 sp1 is installed along with the 6.0.4 version of the MySQL data provider, which is what i used in my consold app.  I have also included the Enterprise libraries, common.dll, Data.dll, objectbuilder2.dll, unity.dll & configuration.design.dll.

So I'm really stuck on why this is not working.  thanks for any help & consideration.

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:59 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Hi,

Please verify first that the required data provider for both database are installed on the server. Please try the solution that is mentioned here: http://khayer.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/unable-to-find-the-requested-net-framework-data-provider/ . Another thing, Is your server running on a full trust environment?

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com