VAB and ASP.NET

Topics: Validation Application Block
Jul 28, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Hi

do you have sample how to use validation block with asp.net? I haven't used yet the proxyvalidator, does it work like the regular asp.net validation control? My goal is, validate and display it in the validationSummary control. Will it work with that? I tried using the asp.net validator and display it on the validation summay but i have double validation message displayed, on the validation summay and in the validation control, can you tell me also how to avoid that?

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Yes you can use that proxyvalidator just like the ordinary asp.net validation control. It also works well with the ValidationSummary control of the asp.net. We can send you the sample solution, just sent us a mail and we'll send back the solution. Set the "Display" property of PropertyProxyValidator to "None" to have the validation messages only shown in the ValidationSummary.

See this screencast: http://www.pnpguidance.net/News/ValidationApplicationBlockASPNETIntegrationScreencast.aspx

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:05 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2009 at 3:46 AM

The main difference would be the fact that the propertyproxyvalidator doesn't support client-side validation unlike the asp.net validators.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Thanks to both of you. Can you send me a sample solution? rashidn18@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:50 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Sample solution sent in your email.

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.