Hey everyone, wanted to draw attention to our latest Enterprise Library drop. We've actually shipped some functionality this time. ;-)
- Asynchronous support in the DAAB (only supported out of the box for Sql server, but it should be easy for third parties to add it to their own providers)
- Data Accessors - these are objects that encapsulate a call to a sproc or sql statement. They return IEnumerable<T>. It includes simple mapping from result sets to objects, so you can do things like: var bigSpenders = from customer in customerAccessor.Execute("US")
where customer.AmountSpent > 100000 (Be aware this is Linq to Objects, NOT Linq to SQL, so the filtering here is happening client side). I'll be posting more about accessors
on my blog soon.
- A start at a fluent API for building Entlib configuration in code.
- A switch on the rolling flat file trace listener to limit the total number of files generated
- Performance improvements in log formatting
- We've included an xsd schema for configuration to drive some VS intellisense in the XML editor
Take a look, let us know what you think.