System not able to log the even log to the given machine name by logging application block

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Hi ,
    I am trying to log the exception using enterprise library.
    I can able log in the exception where the server resides by giving the log name and machine name (as servername) (log="Application" machineName="10.176.166.59") in loggingConguration section.

Now I want to log the event log in one common pc at this scenario system not getting log the exception.

Example

Let say I have 2 pc named System-1 And System-2.

Scenario - 1 (Works fine)

My application deployed in the pc System-1 and the event log config pointing to System-1.
    At this scenario system logs the event in eventviewer of System-1.  So it works fine here.

Scenario - 2 (Not Working)

My application deployed in the pc System-1 and the event log config pointing to System-2.
    At this scenario system not logging the events into System-2.

What could be the reson? Please let me know?

One more doubt that If my config is like the Scenario - 1 then will I have a problem when the loadbalancer comes into the picture?  Will it log the exception in only one pc or will it log the exception in more than once pc?

Thanks in Advance.
Rajaram

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

On your scenario 2, when you log to a remote computer, does it throw any exception? or are there logs with regards to the failure of the log process? If there is, can you post the exception?

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your immediate reply.
In Scenario-2 it is not shows any exception/failures. But it is not logging the exception to event log.
Thanks & Regards,
Rajaram

Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:12 PM
To: Rajaram Lakshmanan (WT01 - HEALTHCARE & SERVICES)
Subject: Re: System not able to log the even log to the given machine name by logging application block [entlib:61052]

On your scenario 2, when you log to a remote computer, does it throw any exception? or are there logs with regards to the failure of the log process?

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Have a FormattedEventLogTraceListener pointing to your local event log and add it under the Logging Errors and Warnings node so you would know if there is an error while trying to write to the remote event log.  LAB doesn't throw exception during logging, it just log those exceptions it encounters.  If you already have a  configured tracelistener under the Logging Errors and Warnings node, check for an error entry in that log destination.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.