Jun 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM
We are starting a new ASP.NET 3.5 MVC application. Following are the requirements for validation:
- Both client and server side validation.
- Validation rules in one place.
- Common scenarios like 'Password' & 'Confirm Password' are addressed.
- EL 4.1 Validation Application Block (ONLY does server side validation)
(See question below)
- DataAnnotation (ONLY does server side validation)
- xVal Framework
- Validation Library framework
- Validator Toolkit Framework
- OTHERS ?
If a form has a field which is required for 'Create' but not required for 'Update', can Validation Application Block handle this scenario ?
Can any other framework handle this scenario ?
Please advise which will be the best choice for MVC Client & Server validation ?
On your question about if VAB can handle such scenario, yes it can. You only need to define a different ruleset for Create and Update.
For your questions on other frameworks, I'm afraid I'm not the right person to give such advise as I haven't use any of the three. xVal though looks more promising. You might also want to include this in your list -
I suggest you post your query in the MVC forum -
Global Technology and Solutions