Logging Block 4.1

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Jun 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Hey All,

i have downloaded the Enterprise Library 4.1. I want to use Exceptional .logging application block. So to have a quick start i have downloaded the quick start application. the logging is working fine to text file and event viewer. I want to know how to configure to database,Email and MSMQ.can you please send me the sample projects.

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Hi,

Logging to a Database:

1. Make sure to run the LoggingDatabase.sql which can be found in <Drive Letter>\EntLib41Src\Blocks\Logging\Src\DatabaseTraceListener\Scripts\.
  2. Add a config file. Add a Logging Application Block section.
  3. If you dont already have a Data Access Application Block section in your config, Add it. then configure a connection string that will point to the database that was create by doing step #1.
  4. On the TraceListeners node, add a Database Trace Listener.
  5. On the properties of the Database Trace Listener, Select a value for the DatabaseInstance property, set it to the connection string you've created on step #3.

Logging to a Email:

Assuming you already have a config and it already has a Logging Application Block section.

1. On the TraceListeners node, Add a Email Trace Listener.
  2. Simply apply correct values to the properties of the email trace listeners such as FromAddress, ToAddress, SmtpServer.

Logging to Msmq:

Make sure that you have the Message Queuing component is installed. Assuming you already have a config and it already has a Logging Application Block section.

1. On the TraceListeners node, Add a Msmq Trace Listener.
  2. Simply apply correct values to the properties of the msmq trace listeners such as QueuePath.

For the sample project, kindly email us and we'll send it to you.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Hey,

Thanks for your information.  I have created the db using the SQL Scripts.  But in the Configuration I am facing some problem.

Can you please send the samples with  all options.

Regards

Ugandhar

Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:11 PM
To: Moturi, Ugandhar
Subject: Re: Logging Block 4.1 [entlib:59896]

Hi,

Logging to a Database:

1. Make sure to run the LoggingDatabase.sql which can be found in <Drive Letter>\EntLib41Src\Blocks\Logging\Src\DatabaseTraceListener\Scripts\.

2. Add a config file. Add a Logging Application Block section.

3. If you dont already have a Data Access Application Block section in your config, Add it. then configure a connection string that will point to the database that was create by doing step #1.

4. On the TraceListeners node, add a Database Trace Listener.

5. On the properties of the Database Trace Listener, Select a value for the DatabaseInstance property, set it to the connection string you've created on step #3.

Logging to a Email:

Assuming you already have a config and it already has a Logging Application Block section.

1. On the TraceListeners node, Add a Email Trace Listener.

2. Simply apply correct values to the properties of the email trace listeners such as FromAddress, ToAddress, SmtpServer.

Logging to Msmq:

Make sure that you have the Message Queuing component is installed. Assuming you already have a config and it already has a Logging Application Block section.

1. On the TraceListeners node, Add a Msmq Trace Listener.

2. Simply apply correct values to the properties of the msmq trace listeners such as QueuePath.

For the sample project, kindly email us and we'll send it to you.

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM

the sample solution have just been sent.

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I could not get the Sample Solutions. may i know how you people send to me.

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM

We replied to your email and attached a zipped file, I'll re-send it again now.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.