Progress

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Yes that was succesful.   However,  when I open the Enterprise Library Configuration console and open my web.cong  I can add a Sql Configuration Source ...but,  when I chose to use the elipses to select a connection string I receive an error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.MSDASC, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I can choose to ignore this and hand key my connection string Name ( I have also tried hand keying the entire string itself) but then as soon as I add a validation block and try to save I get an error:

format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index[0]

Thanks again,

Dylan
Jun 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Try as I might I am having very little luck with this approach.  AT this point it is coming down to 

two errors the one I reported already:

Error 5 Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0. 
blah\blah\blah\web.config 0 0 C:\...\Blah\

and then this as well:

Error 7 The expected type 'SerializableConfigurationSection' was not provided.
Parameter name: configurationSection blah\blah\blah\web.config 0 0 C:\...\Blah\
Jun 11, 2009 at 6:01 AM

The said assembly could be found in the bin\Debug folder of the SqlConfigurationSource folder.  You can paste that in the bin folder of the Entlib installation location as a workaround

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avande, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Yes that did it.  Now the only error I receive occurs when I switch the default Configuration Source from System Configuration Source to SQL Configuration Source.  When I make this switch and try to save my web.config I receive the error:

The expected type 'SerializableConfigurationSection' was not provided.
Parameter name: configurationSection ...\web.config 0 0 C:\...\...\

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM, DylanAJones <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes that was succesful.   However,  when I open the Enterprise Library Configuration console and open my web.cong  I can add a Sql Configuration Source ...but,  when I chose to use the elipses to select a connection string I receive an error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.MSDASC, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I can choose to ignore this and hand key my connection string Name ( I have also tried hand keying the entire string itself) but then as soon as I add a validation block and try to save I get an error:

format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index[0]

Thanks again,

Dylan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM
BTW  if it helps ...  the other "error" info I receive is presented in the The Enterprise Library Configuration UI - Under Data Access Application Block  "Connection Strings"   turns from black to red. 

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:27 AM, DylanAJones <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes that did it.  Now the only error I receive occurs when I switch the default Configuration Source from System Configuration Source to SQL Configuration Source.  When I make this switch and try to save my web.config I receive the error:

The expected type 'SerializableConfigurationSection' was not provided.
Parameter name: configurationSection ...\web.config 0 0 C:\...\...\

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM, DylanAJones <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks again,

Dylan

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I debugged the EntLib source code and found out what's causing the error.   In the Add method of the SqlConfigurationSource class, it checks if the configurationsection is a SerializableConfigurationSection.  But the ConnectionStringSection is not so it throws an exception.  Luckily, I remembered this discussion I've read - http://entlib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=17125.  This provides the solution, you would have to modify the source code.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avande, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com