Help on Policy injection and LAB

Topics: Logging Application Block, Policy Injection Application Block
Jun 1, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Hi folks, I have a method which is part of a class that I'm wrapping in order to apply logging policies.  However,  I'm getting inconsistent behavior as sometimes, I'm getting the logs I'm expecting but sometimes I don't.   Are there any known issues regarding logging handler when used in policy injection.  Please help, this is urgent.

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:25 AM

It's hard to tell what could be the problem based on your description.  Could you add more details?  What is your environment?  What is your log destination? Event viewer, txt file, etc.,

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I'm running on WinXp.  I'm logging on both event viewer and a .log file.  I don't know what other info I should mention aside from this.  It's just that, sometimes I get logs, sometimes I don't. 

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Could you check the event log or the one whose tracelistener is configured for logging errors and warning?  Any error log that might indicate that an exception occured.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I just remember an issue encountered when passing a null parameter to a method that is configured to be intercepted by LAB.   That might explain the behavior.  Here is the link to the item in the issue tracker - http://entlib.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=21064.  I believe it's a bug in entlib.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:59 AM
Thanks Sarah for your help. I need to verify if this is what is really happening in my application. But for now, I need to get some sleep. :) Thanks again.