where/how to get a dataconfiguration.config file?

Topics: Data Access Application Block
May 27, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Hi I've been reading about dataconfiguration.config file everywhere. It is said that this file should be added to an application/project automatically, and it seems everyone except me get this file with no difficulty.   However I just cannot find this file in my project even after I add reference to some data access assemblies. anything wrong?

I am new to enterprise library, using the  January 2006 (ver 2.0) and May 2007 (ver 3.1) release.  I simply installed the package, then opened the configuration console to create an application->data access block->add connection string. 

I also tried the quickstart sample codes. These projects also does not contain the dataconfiguration.config file. I searched my entire disk and failed to find this file.  

my question is, how is this file generated? where is the schema of this file?  please help. 

-Emma

May 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Where did you read about this dataconfiguration.config file? I would assume that you are talking about the config file of the application. If that is the case you can add a config file to your project. right click the project > Add > New Item > Application Configuration File. It will add the config file, the default file name is "App.config".

I looked at the quickstart of the January 2006 and in the Data Quickstarts the config file is not "dataconfiguration.config" but "App.config". Have a look again.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

May 28, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I didn't really get to use the 2.0 version of entlib but if you used the 3.1 version when you said "I simply installed the package, then opened the configuration console to create an application->data access block->add connection string.", there would be no separate dataconfiguration.config file that will be generated.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com