Could not use Microsoft Enterprise Library 1.1 on Windows 7 64 bit

Topics: Data Access Application Block, Enterprise Library Core, Exception Handling Application Block, General discussion, Logging Application Block
Sep 29, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Hello
my project is developped on Visual Studio 2008 but it's still using Microsoft Enterprise Library 1.1.
It's working fine on Windows 7 32 bit, i didn't had to reinstall library when i installed Windows 7 from XP SP3.
I got a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit, i just downloaded Microsoft Enterprise library and recompiled with Visual Studio 2008.
My project is recompiled without errors but when it tries to execute the Function
Public Function GetRichieste() As DataSet

'Dim sqlCommand As String = "VDV_GET_RICHIESTE"
    Dim sqlCommand As String = "VDVFORM_GET_RICHIESTE"
    Dim dbCommandWrapper As DBCommandWrapper = db.GetStoredProcCommandWrapper(sqlCommand)

dbCommandWrapper.CommandTimeout = 600

Return db.ExecuteDataSet(dbCommandWrapper
End Function
the instruction ExecuteDataSet takes this error:

L'inizializzatore di tipo di 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataCommandFailedEvent' ha generato un'eccezione.

Please can you tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thank You
Sep 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM
What version of .NET are you targeting? .NET 1.1 or 2.0 or something else? I ran the EntLib 1.1 Data Access QuickStart targeting .NET 2.0 on Windows 7 64 bit and it was working. In that test EntLib and the QuickStart was compiled against .NET 2.0.

Are there any InnerExceptions? The InnerException should contain the actual root cause error information.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to