Listener Level Filtering

Topics: Logging Application Block
May 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Is listener level filtering available with EntLib? I need to write messages with certain id's to a file and all others to another file. Filtering by severity/priority does not work for me since we are generating hundreds of logging messages in verbose mode and in that mode i need effective explicit filter by message id.

Thanks.

May 18, 2009 at 3:20 AM

No support for that behavior.  I'm thinking it's possible by creating a custom filter which would add the categories to a logentry based on it's message id but that's pretty hacky and of course, not a best practice.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.

entlib.support@avanade.com

May 19, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Is this feature in the plans for 5.0?

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 6:22 AM
To: korol.alexander@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Listener Level Filtering [entlib:56590]

No support for that behavior. I'm thinking it's possible by creating a custom filter which would add the categories to a logentry based on it's message id but that's pretty hacky and of course, not a best practice.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 19, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Hi,

Looking to the listed features and product backlog items, I may say that its not included in the plans.

Please see this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/agile/archive/2009/04/16/enterprise-library-5-0-product-backlog-prioritization-results.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/agile/pages/enterprise-library-5-0-product-backlog-tentative-non-prioritized.aspx

Valiant Dudan
Avanade, Inc.