EntLib4.1: ADM template fails with error

Topics: Enterprise Library Core
May 1, 2009 at 6:23 AM

When I attempt to generate an ADM template from a manageable configuration source I receive a dialog with the error message:

An error occurred creating the ADM template.
    The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from 
    HRESULT: 0x80131047)

It looks like an assembly is missing somewhere. I can't figure out where or which one. I've added references to most of the EntLib libraries, excluding the Design and Configuration ones, to my project.

Where is the EntLibConfig tool looking for DLLs? I'm running the tool within VisualStudio 2008 and am using most of the application blocks including caching, data access, exception handling, logging and policy injection.

What DLLs do I need to reference in my project to get an ADM file generated correctly?

How can I find out which DLL is causing the error?

Is it possible to get an ADM template for EntLib 4.1 from the net somewhere and tweak it for my environment (ie, change the application name)?

Thanks.
Glenn.

May 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM
The entlib config tool scans its current directory for the entlib assemblies.  Try enabling fusion logs in your machine.  Refer to these link:
http://blogs.msdn.com/suzcook/archive/2003/05/29/57120.aspx

Details on how to use the log viewer:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(VS.80).aspx

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@Avanade.com
May 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM
Hello Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. I knew there was an assembly load logging utility somewhere. Thanks for the pointer.

I enabled fusion logging and it appears that all of the assemblies from EntLib are failing to load. It looks like it is trying to find them all in 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/' rather than 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/bin' where they currently reside.

For example, the fusion log for 'Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL' is as follows:

-----------------------------------
*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (4/05/2009 @ 12:49:57 PM) ***

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Running under executable  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = AVAXA\Glenn.Maughan
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = NULL
Calling assembly : Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
===
LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.
WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.Config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL
LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.
---------------------------------

The only files I have in the 'Visual Studio Integration' folder are 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.HostAdapter.dll' and 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration.dll'.

I'll try to copy all the other DLLs there for now to see if I can get any further, but something appears to be wrong with my setup or installation.

Thanks.
Glenn.
May 4, 2009 at 3:15 AM
It is trying to load from the C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/ folder and I'm not sure why.  When exactly are you encountering this error? Run time or while trying to use the entlib config editor?

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.
May 4, 2009 at 3:20 AM
Hello again,

Copying the DLLS to the 'Visual Studio Integration' folder did reduce the number of errors but I still get DLL failures for the EntLib DLLs I actually use (6 in total). It looks like this time the load isn't looking in the 'Visual Studio Integration' folder.

-------------------------
*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (4/05/2009 @ 1:13:36 PM) ***

The operation failed.

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Running under executable  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.Config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.EXE.

Any ideas how I can progress?

Thanks.
Glenn.
May 4, 2009 at 3:21 AM
I'm running the config editor from within Visual Studio. The error occurs when I right-click on the 'Manageable Configuration Source' node and select 'Generate ADM Template'.

Glenn.
May 4, 2009 at 3:33 AM
Great, I tried to do the same thing and my visual studio crashes after specifying the file name for the adm template.  Are you encountering the error immediately after clicking on Generate ADM Template or also after entering the filename for the template?

Sarah Urmeneta
Avanade, Inc.
May 4, 2009 at 3:36 AM
The error occurs after entering the filename for the template.

Glenn.
May 4, 2009 at 3:43 AM
Thanks, I'll continue investigating and let you know what I can find out.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com
May 6, 2009 at 2:07 AM
Edited May 6, 2009 at 2:21 AM
Just a thought, are you running on a Vista platform?  This might be a permission issue.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.
May 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM
Yes, I'm running 64bit Vista.

I run Visual Studio with elevated rights. ie, Run as Administrator.

Glenn.
May 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM
By any chance, did you change the location of the entlib config editor?  Please check the ff:

1. The EnterpriseLibraryConfigurationSet property of your VS solution is either (machine default) or Microsoft Signed.
2. The EntlibConfig.exe you're using is in the same folder as where the entlib assemblies are.  (EntLib installation folder/bin)

I also want to confirm with you if the log you posted is one of the logs with the operation failed message right after the exception occurs.  

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.
May 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Hello Sarah,

1. Where do I find this setting? I don't know where it is so I don't think I've changed it. :-)

2. It is located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin'. I have a second copy in 's:\EntLib41Src\bin' which is my EntLib source location.

I re-executed the Generate ADM tool after cleaning out the fusion log folder. The original errors I mentioned occurred when Visual Studio started up. You were right to question them!

The only error I now get is:

-----------------------------
*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (7/05/2009 @ 9:34:19 AM) ***

The operation failed.

LOG: DisplayName = System.Management.Instrumentation, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
(Fully-specified)
Calling assembly : Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
===
WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().
LOG: Start binding of native image System.Management.Instrumentation, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
LOG: IL assembly loaded from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Management.Instrumentation\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Management.Instrumentation.dll.
LOG: Start validating native image System.Management.Instrumentation, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
LOG: Start validating all the dependencies.
LOG: [Level 1]Start validating native image dependency System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
WRN: IL assembly is found in load context, but it has no native image.
WRN: No matching native image found.
LOG: Bind to native image assembly did not succeed. Use IL image.
----------------------------

I'm not sure what this is telling me.

Glenn.
May 7, 2009 at 9:22 AM
Hi,

The EnterpriseLibraryConfigurationSet can be found when you select the solution then look at the properties tab. make sure that it is set to "(machine default)" or "Microsoft Signed". Anyways, as you've mentioned in your previous posts that copying the DLLs to the Location where it is looking for somehow reduces the errors. Have you tried doing this on your last scenario?

Valiant Dudan
Avande, Inc.
May 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM
The EnterpriseLiibraryConfigurationSet is set to '(machine default)'.

The last error I sent is the only Fusion error I now get. It seems to be complaining about "No matching native image found" but then goes on to say it will use the IL image. So I think this is a warning more than anything.

In the end I don't think the fusion log is telling me anything.

Glenn.
May 12, 2009 at 5:56 AM

What about the event viewer?  Can you post the Details of the exception when doing the same thing on the stand alone configuration editor? 

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.

May 12, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Hi Sarah,

If I run the standalone tool I receive the following exception when attempting to generate the ADM Template. I set the EnableWmi setting in the Manageable Configuration Source to False but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Nothing is logged in the event log.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Management.Instrumentation.WmiProviderInstallationException: Exception of type 'System.Management.Instrumentation.WMIInfraException' was thrown.
   at System.Management.Instrumentation.InstrumentationManager.RegisterType(Type managementType)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.ManagementEntityTypesRegistrar.DoRegisterType(Type type)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.ManagementEntityTypesRegistrar.SafelyRegisterTypes(Type[] types)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.SymmetricStorageEncryptionProviderDataWmiMapper.RegisterWmiTypes()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.Manageability.ExportAdmTemplateNodeCommand.GetManageabilityProviders(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.Manageability.ExportAdmTemplateNodeCommand.TryAndExportAdmTemplate(ManageableConfigurationSourceElementNode sourceNode)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.ConfigurationNodeCommand.Execute(ConfigurationNode node)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.UI.ConfigurationMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.UI.CustomTreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

May 12, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Have you tried running the Install Instrumentation?

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.

May 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Yes, I have run install instrumentation a number of times. I have trusted that it installed ok though and haven't looked at its output.

Glenn.

May 14, 2009 at 5:24 AM

This definitely has something to do with instrumentation.  I'm now working on a different machine where I've just installed entlib and run the Install Instrumentation and I was able to successfully generate an ADM template.  In the previous machine I'm working on, I wals also assuming that the install instrumentation worked fine but later found out that there's something causing it to fail.  I've been unable to figure out why.  Please try uninstalling and then install again.  Always check if both operations completed successfully.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.

May 14, 2009 at 5:51 AM

Hello Sarah,

I will re-install.

A related problem that we are having is if I commit the configuration that includes the manageable source some of our development machines can no longer start our services. They receive the following exception:

-------------------------

An exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred and was caught.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/08/2009 08:33:13

Type : System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Message : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source : mscorlib

Help link :

Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite : System.Object CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandle ByRef, Boolean ByRef)

Stack Trace :    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.Configuration.ManageabilityProviderBuilder.CreateConfigurationElementManageabilityProvider(ConfigurationElementManageabilityProviderData manageabilityProviderData)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.Configuration.ManageabilityProviderBuilder.CreateConfigurationSectionManageabilityProvider(ConfigurationSectionManageabilityProviderData manageabilityProviderData)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.Configuration.ManageableConfigurationSourceElement.CreateSource()

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceFactory.Create(String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceFactory.Create()

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.PolicyInjection.get_DefaultHelper()

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.PolicyInjection.PolicyInjection.Wrap[TInterface](Object instance)

at Avaxa.HyperLibrary.Utility.InstanceCreation.CreateInjectedInstance[T](String fullName) in C:\Projects\HyperSystem\HyperLibrary\Source\HyperLibrary\Utility\InstanceCreation.cs:line 72

at Avaxa.HyperServices.ModuleController.InitialiseServices() in C:\Projects\HyperSystem\HyperService\Source\Services\HyperServices\ModuleController.cs:line 79

at Avaxa.HyperServices.ModuleController.Initialise(StartupParameters startupParameters) in C:\Projects\HyperSystem\HyperService\Source\Services\HyperServices\ModuleController.cs:line 42

Inner Exception

---------------

Type : System.Management.Instrumentation.WmiProviderInstallationException, System.Management.Instrumentation, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Message : Exception of type 'System.Management.Instrumentation.WMIInfraException' was thrown.

Source : System.Management.Instrumentation

Help link :

Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite : Void RegisterType(System.Type)

Stack Trace :    at System.Management.Instrumentation.InstrumentationManager.RegisterType(Type managementType)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.ManagementEntityTypesRegistrar.DoRegisterType(Type type)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.ManagementEntityTypesRegistrar.SafelyRegisterTypes(Type[] types)

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.SymmetricStorageEncryptionProviderDataWmiMapper.RegisterWmiTypes()

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.SymmetricStorageEncryptionProviderDataManageabilityProvider..ctor()

----------------------

This is occurs even if the WMI switches are turned off. It looks like a similar problem to the previous one. I am able to run our services, just cannot generate the ADM template.

The machines that it fails on both experienced the EntLib 3.1 uninstall issues discussed in another thread.

How do we get clean WMI repositories back?

Thanks.

Glenn.

May 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Edited May 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Hi,

I saw our previous dicussion about instrumentation install problem, can you check that out. http://entlib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=45564 , I also tried generating ADM in a clean Vista Virtual Machine and got same result when the Instrumentation is not yet installed. The VS 2008 is crashing, after I've installed the instrumentation then it works fine.

Valiant Dudan
Avande, Inc.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Hello Sarah,

I've finally got back to trying to fix this issue. Other work got in the way for a while...

I have:

• Uninstalled instrumentation
  • Uninstalled EntLib 4.1
  • Rebooted
  • Reinstalled EntLib 4.1
  • Reinstalled instrumentation

No errors reported in any of the steps above.

I still cannot generate the ADM file.

I also created a brand new config file "entlibtest.exe.config" using the standalone EntLib Config Tool. I added a Manageable Configuration Source and set its file to a relative name "entlibtest2.exe.config". Saved and attempted to generate the ADM file. I received the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Management.Instrumentation.WmiProviderInstallationException: Exception of type 'System.Management.Instrumentation.WMIInfraException' was thrown.
   at System.Management.Instrumentation.InstrumentationManager.RegisterType(Type managementType)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.Manageability.ExportAdmTemplateNodeCommand.GetManageabilityProviders(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.Manageability.ExportAdmTemplateNodeCommand.TryAndExportAdmTemplate(ManageableConfigurationSourceElementNode sourceNode)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.ConfigurationNodeCommand.Execute(ConfigurationNode node)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.UI.ConfigurationMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.UI.CustomTreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The entlibtest.exe.config contains:

<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
    <section name="enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceSection, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
  </configSections>
  <enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource selectedSource="System Configuration Source">
    <sources>
      <add name="Manageable Configuration Source" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.ManageableConfigurationSource, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
        filePath="D:\Projects\Hyper\HyperSystem\HyperService\bin\Debug\entlibtest3.exe.config"
        applicationName="Application" enableWmi="true" enableGroupPolicies="true">
        <manageabilityProviders>
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.Manageability.CacheManagerSettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="cachingConfiguration">
            <manageabilityProviders>
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Configuration.SymmetricStorageEncryptionProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.SymmetricStorageEncryptionProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="SymmetricStorageEncryptionProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.Configuration.DataCacheStorageData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.Configuration.Manageability.DataCacheStorageDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="DataCacheStorageData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.IsolatedStorageCacheStorageData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.Manageability.IsolatedStorageCacheStorageDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="IsolatedStorageCacheStorageData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.CacheStorageData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.Manageability.CacheStorageDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CacheStorageData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.CustomCacheStorageData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Configuration.Manageability.CustomCacheStorageDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomCacheStorageData" />
            </manageabilityProviders>
          </add>
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.Manageability.InstrumentationConfigurationSectionManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="instrumentationConfiguration" />
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.Manageability.ConnectionStringsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="connectionStrings" />
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.Manageability.DatabaseSettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="dataConfiguration" />
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.Manageability.OracleConnectionSettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="oracleConnectionSettings" />
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.Manageability.ExceptionHandlingSettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="exceptionHandling">
            <manageabilityProviders>
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.ReplaceHandlerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.Manageability.ReplaceHandlerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="ReplaceHandlerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.CustomHandlerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.Manageability.CustomHandlerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomHandlerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.WrapHandlerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.Manageability.WrapHandlerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="WrapHandlerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.Configuration.LoggingExceptionHandlerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.LoggingExceptionHandlerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="LoggingExceptionHandlerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.Configuration.FaultContractExceptionHandlerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.Configuration.Manageability.FaultContractExceptionHandlerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="FaultContractExceptionHandlerData" />
          </add>
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.LoggingSettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="loggingConfiguration">
            <manageabilityProviders>
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.Configuration.FormattedDatabaseTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.Configuration.Manageability.FormattedDatabaseTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="FormattedDatabaseTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.PriorityFilterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Filters.PriorityFilterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="PriorityFilterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.CategoryFilterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Filters.CategoryFilterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CategoryFilterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.LogEnabledFilterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Filters.LogEnabledFilterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="LogEnabledFilterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.CustomLogFilterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Filters.CustomLogFilterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomLogFilterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.BinaryLogFormatterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Formatters.BinaryLogFormatterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="BinaryLogFormatterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.TextFormatterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Formatters.TextFormatterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="TextFormatterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.CustomFormatterData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.Formatters.CustomFormatterDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomFormatterData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.EmailTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.EmailTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="EmailTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.FlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.FlatFileTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="FlatFileTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.FormattedEventLogTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.FormattedEventLogTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="FormattedEventLogTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.MsmqTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.MsmqTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="MsmqTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.WmiTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.WmiTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="WmiTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.CustomTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.CustomTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.SystemDiagnosticsTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.SystemDiagnosticsTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="SystemDiagnosticsTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.RollingFlatFileTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="RollingFlatFileTraceListenerData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.XmlTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.Manageability.TraceListeners.XmlTraceListenerDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="XmlTraceListenerData" />
          </add>
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.CryptographySettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="securityCryptographyConfiguration">
            <manageabilityProviders>
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.SymmetricAlgorithmProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.SymmetricAlgorithmProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="SymmetricAlgorithmProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.CustomHashProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.CustomHashProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomHashProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.HashAlgorithmProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.HashAlgorithmProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="HashAlgorithmProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.DpapiSymmetricCryptoProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.DpapiSymmetricCryptoProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="DpapiSymmetricCryptoProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.KeyedHashAlgorithmProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.KeyedHashAlgorithmProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="KeyedHashAlgorithmProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.CustomSymmetricCryptoProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.Configuration.Manageability.CustomSymmetricCryptoProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomSymmetricCryptoProviderData" />
          </add>
          <add type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.Manageability.SecuritySettingsManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
            name="securityConfiguration">
            <manageabilityProviders>
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore.Configuration.CachingStoreProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore.Configuration.Manageability.CachingStoreProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CachingStoreProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.Manageability.AuthorizationRuleProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="AuthorizationRuleProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.CustomAuthorizationProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.Manageability.CustomAuthorizationProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomAuthorizationProviderData" />
              <add targetType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.CustomSecurityCacheProviderData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Configuration.Manageability.CustomSecurityCacheProviderDataManageabilityProvider, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
                name="CustomSecurityCacheProviderData" />
          </add>
      </add>
      <add name="System Configuration Source" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.SystemConfigurationSource, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
    </sources>
  </enterpriseLibrary.ConfigurationSource>
</configuration>

And the entlibtest2.exe.config contains:

<configuration />

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I'm almost certain that either the uninstallation, installation or both fails.  I tried uninstalling Instrumentation on my end and saw that it performed a Rollback.  So I tried installing it and also noticed that the operation also performed a rollback.  Could you try it again?  Just examine the messages in the command prompt window when uninstalling/installing instrumentation.  My installation fails because it fails to load the Unity assembly.  I'm not sure why, but just as a quick workaround, I put the Microsoft.Practices.Unity assembly in GAC and finally got my installation to complete.  Generating ADM template finally worked.

Sarah Urmeneta
Avande, Inc.

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I performed a full uninstall of instrumentation and install again. I can't see any errors in the log.

Here is the full uninstall output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008>InstallServices.bat /u

==========================================================================
  InstallServices.bat
     Installs/uninstalls services for the Enterprise Library

----------------------------------------
InstallServices.bat Started

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstalling Services for the Caching Application Block

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.4016
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The uninstall is beginning.
See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Cachin
g.Cryptography.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Ins
tallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.dll
'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.InstallLog
Microsoft (R) MOF Compiler Version 6.0.6000.16386
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1997-2006. All rights reserved.
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9752.tmp
MOF file has been successfully parsed
Storing data in the repository...
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9752.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
If the WMI repository is rebuilt in the future, the contents of this MOF file will not be included in the new WMI repository.
To include this MOF file when the WMI Repository is automatically reconstructed, place the #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER statement on the first line of the MOF file.
Done!

The uninstall has completed.

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Cachin
g.Database.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.Install
Log.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9A6E.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9A6E.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
If the WMI repository is rebuilt in the future, the contents of this MOF file will not be included in the new WMI repository.
To include this MOF file when the WMI Repository is automatically reconstructed, place the #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER statement on the first line of the MOF file.
Done!

g.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp93FA.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp93FA.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Caching.
Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Caching Counters.

Uninstalling Services for the Cryptography Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Securi
ty.Cryptography.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.In
stallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dl
l'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA8B2.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA8B2.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Cryptography Counters.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Cryptography.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Cryptography.
Warning: The source Enterprise Library Cryptography is not registered on the local machine.

Uninstalling Services for the Data Access Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.d
ll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpB7BF.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpB7BF.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Data.
Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Data Counters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstalling Services for the Exception Handling Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Except
ionHandling.Logging.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Loggin
g.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Loggin
g.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.dll

logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.InstallL
og
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC988.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC988.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Except
ionHandling.WCF.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.In
stallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.dl
l'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpD155.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpD155.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

ionHandling.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Instal
lLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC6AD.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC6AD.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Exception Handling Counters.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library ExceptionHandling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstalling Services for the Logging and Instrumentation Application Block
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Loggin
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.Install
Log.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE41A.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE41A.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Loggin
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE036.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE036.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Logging Counters.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Logging.

Uninstalling Services for the Security Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Securi
ty.Cache.CachingStore.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingSt
ore.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingSt
ore.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore.d
ll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore.Instal
lLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpF48E.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpF48E.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

ty.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpF1B3.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpF1B3.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Security Counters.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Security.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Security.
Warning: The source Enterprise Library Security is not registered on the local machine.

Uninstalling Services for the Validation Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Valida
tion.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.InstallLog
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Validation.
Removing performance counter category Enterprise Library Validation Counters.

Uninstalling Services for the Common Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common
.dll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.InstallLog.
Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.InstallLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7563.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7563.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Configuration.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Manageability Extensions.
Parsing MOF file: C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7513.tmp
WARNING: File C:\Users\glenn.maughan.AVAXA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7513.tmp does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
Done!

Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Configuration.
Warning: The source Enterprise Library Configuration is not registered on the local machine.
Removing EventLog source Enterprise Library Manageability Extensions.
Warning: The source Enterprise Library Manageability Extensions is not registered on the local machine.

InstallServices.bat Completed

And the full install output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008>InstallServices.bat

InstallServices.bat
     Installs/uninstalls services for the Enterprise Library

InstallServices.bat Started

Installing Services for the Common Application Block

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.InstallLog
Installing WMI Schema: Started
Installing WMI Schema: Finished
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Manageability Extensions in log Application...
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Configuration in log Application...
**** WMI schema install start ****
**** WMI schema install end ****
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Manageability Extensions in log Application...
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Configuration in log Application...

The Install phase completed successfully, and the Commit phase is beginning.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The Commit phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.

Installing Services for the Caching Application Block

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.InstallLog
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Caching Counters.
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Caching in log Application...

Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.Ins
tallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.dll'.

Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.InstallLog

tallLog.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.dll'.

Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.Install
Log.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.InstallLog

Log.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Installing Services for the Cryptography Application Block

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.In
stallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll'
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.InstallLog
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Cryptography in log Application...
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Cryptography in log Application...
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Cryptography Counters.

stallLog.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll'
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Installing Services for the Data Access Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.d
ll assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.InstallLog
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Data Counters.
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Data in log Application...

ll assembly's progress.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Installing Services for the Exception Handling Application Block

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Instal
lLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.InstallLog
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library ExceptionHandling in log Application...
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Exception Handling Counters.

lLog.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Loggin
g.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.
dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.dll

logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.InstallL
og

g.InstallLog.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.
dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =

og
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.In
stallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.dll'
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.InstallLog

stallLog.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.dll'
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Installing Services for the Logging and Instrumentation Application Block

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.InstallLog
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Logging in log Application...
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Logging Counters.

Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.Install
Log.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.InstallLog

Log.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Installing Services for the Security Application Block

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.InstallLog
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Security in log Application...
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Security in log Application...
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Security Counters.

Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingSt
ore.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStor
e.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore.d
ll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore.Instal
lLog

ore.InstallLog.
Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStor
e.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
ll
lLog
Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cache.CachingStore_v2.0.50727.mof
Done!

Installing Services for the Validation Application Block

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Valida
The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.InstallLog
Creating performance counter category Enterprise Library Validation Counters.
Creating EventLog source Enterprise Library Validation in log Application...

Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =

InstallServices.bat Completed

Jun 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2009 at 5:51 AM

Reading back to our dicussion,

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. I knew there was an assembly load logging utility somewhere. Thanks for the pointer.

I enabled fusion logging and it appears that all of the assemblies from EntLib are failing to load. It looks like it is trying to find them all in 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/' rather than 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/bin' where they currently reside.

For example, the fusion log for 'Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL' is as follows:

-----------------------------------
*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (4/05/2009 @ 12:49:57 PM) ***

The operation failed.

LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL
(Fully-specified)
Calling assembly : Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
===
LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008/Visual Studio Integration/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory/Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory.EXE.

The only files I have in the 'Visual Studio Integration' folder are 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.HostAdapter.dll' and 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.VisualStudioIntegration.dll'.

I'll try to copy all the other DLLs there for now to see if I can get any further, but something appears to be wrong with my setup or installation.

Thanks.
Glenn.

I was just wondering, have you tried putting the Microsoft.Practices.Unity.StaticFactory assembly to the GAC?