SLAB and Elasticsearch

Topics: Semantic Logging Application Block
Feb 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I have posted this under SLABs own codeplex site, dunno where you prefer discussions to happen?
We are using ElasticSearch (with Kibana as our Dashboard) as our log repository and wanted to use ETW and the BufferedEventPublisher class to do 'bulk' inserts. I have created a fork where we have implemented this. The work is perhaps 80% complete, missing unit tests and some more clean-up to do.

Would this be of interest to include in the release or is there another way we should do this? I see that it is possible to use "customSink", but as I see it this would make a nice contribution. What do you think?
Feb 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Here's an example of a elasticsearch custom sink

I would be interested in your code, where can I find it? Bulk inserts would be a good idea.

greetings Damien
Feb 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM
found the code. I think it's great, it would be brilliant to include in the library. I would like if the index and the type for ElasticSearch could be defined as parameters. Also I would find it better if the connectionstring was used as one parameter instead of (string instanceName, string hostName, int portNumber).

thanks for the code

greetings Damien
Feb 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Yes, the SLAB site is the preferred location for SLAB related postings.

Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to