Web Service Exception

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Apr 9, 2009 at 9:26 AM
I am using webservice for import/export data to my application.
I have published the webservice in the virtual directory and trying access the webservice using client project[By adding Webreference].
I got the following exception

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The entry 'Business Layer Policy' has already been added. (D:\WebServicePublish\web.config line 60) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.EnterpriseLibraryFactory.BuildUp[T](IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetimeContainer, String id, IConfigurationSource configurationSource) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.LocatorNameTypeFactoryBase`1.Create(String name) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicy.GetExceptionPolicy(Exception exception, String policyName, ExceptionPolicyFactory factory) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(Exception exceptionToHandle, String policyName, ExceptionPolicyFactory policyFactory) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(Exception exceptionToHandle, String policyName) at ImportService.ImportClaim(XmlElement xmlClaimData, String callpartyname) in C:\WebService\ImportService.asmx.cs:line 45 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

but it is working fine with in my project. But not working outside the project.

If any body know the solution please give it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM
please see the following U.R.L for fix

http://www.keithelder.net/blog/archive/2007/05/15/Enterprise-Library-Error--The-entry-ExceptionPolicy-has-already-been.aspx
Apr 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Thanks for the Info. That's a help for the community.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com