DAAB install.

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Mar 27, 2009 at 6:42 PM
Hi.
I know this is a newbie question but here goes:

I once saw an implementation of the Data Application Access Block and want to  make use of it on my site. I downloaded the .msi install file but it is not worth my while if it is not installed on the hosting server? Does it have to be installed on the hosting server or do I just copy a .dll in my project? I only have FTP access and I am not going to beg and plead for the hosting company to install this for me. 

What do I need on the server to get the DAAP to work?

Thank you
Sarel
Mar 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Hi,

You could create your setup project. Right click on the left pane then add the Special Folder Global Assembly Cache Folder. Then add your DAAB assemblies. Then install your app on the hosting server. You don’t need to install the entire Ent Lib on the server. J

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM
Yes, you need not install entlib on the server.  The assemblies need not to be in GAC though.  I would recommend you to just create a folder within your solution and copy there the entlib assemblies you need.  Use those as reference to your projects instead of the ones from the entlib installation folder.  That way, it would be automatically included when you install your project.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com