Validations Firing in Design Mode???

Topics: Validation Application Block
Mar 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Hi,

I have a strange and very serious issue with VAB integrated with WinForm. I have my Business Object data bound to my Windows Forms controls. The winform controls are spread out on 3 tabs of a TabControl. As long as I do not drag a ValidationProvider on the form everything is OK. As soon as I attach a ValidationProvider control on form and associate one Textbox with the ValidationProvider some funny behavior starts. When I try to move between the Tab Pages in design mode, suddenly the following Visual Studio Error Box pops up and looks for a database connection. As if the validations are being fired in Design Mode. I am confused. How can this happen? Following is the error - 

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
The control System.Windows.Forms.TabControl has thrown an unhandled exception in the designer and has been disabled. 

Exception:

The requested database POSLiteSQL is not defined in configuration.

Stack trace:

at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.UpdateTabSelection(Boolean updateFocus)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM
That's a really strange one. Have you tried resoling the exception it was complaining about? and see what happens. also do you have a repro project for this? if you have would you mind sending me a copy.

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com