Custom EntlibConfig.exe -- how to integrate with VS2008 IDE?

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion
Mar 20, 2009 at 7:03 AM
We are rolling out a custom built, strong-named version of EntLib 4.1 in our project teams. We are going to use WiX for creating the installer.

None of the developers who will be installing the custom build will have the OEM EntLib4.1 installed on their machines. In other words -- the only entlib41 installer they will ever run is our custom installer.

Question -- how can we make sure the VS 2008 integration is taken care of by our custom installer? Namely -- we want to make the context menuitem "Edit Enterprise Library Configuration" appear upon right-clicking config files in VS solution explorer after a developer installs our custom built entlib4.1.

Deadline is nearing :( insights appreciated! Thanks much!!
Mar 23, 2009 at 6:48 AM
Hi,

Honestly, I dont really have a bright idea bout this one. But one thing I can think of is the Visual studio integration package, maybe you can take a look at it and assess how it will fit you. Also i found this one, http://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=entlibcontrib&ReleaseId=11669 , it is the registry keys used by the entlib 3.1 to integrate the config tool with the VS. 

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com