Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Validation Application Block
Feb 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Do we work in a CommonValidator prj ?
(the same concept of CommonServiceLocator)

Fabio Maulo
NHibernate.Validator team.
Feb 11, 2009 at 5:28 AM

Cant seem to understand.. What really is your question? 

Valiant Dudan
Global Technology and Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM

So far there are various Validation FW around the .NET (2 of them here in CodePlex).
Many of them has a very similar API to validate an instance or a property value.
I think that is the moment to create a CommonValidator library containing a shared inteface to work with validation FWs and various implementation.
In practice the same concept used to create CommonServiceLocator.

In one app I wrote a CommonValidator interface to switch between VAB and NHV. In the "S#arp Architecture" project Billy wrote his own CommonValidator interface to switch between VAB and NHV; sometimes is the moment that we (validators team memebrs) work together to find a condivisible solution.

If the VAB team is available, we can work toghether and we can collaborate with others teams to find a common solution.

The question is:
Can we work together to define a CommonValidator library ?

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM
I'm afraid that is something we can't answer.  We would have to get the EntLib team answer it for you.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Sure... it is exactly what I'm looking for.

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Currently we have no plans for doing this due to the lack of customer demand.

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

don't worry gmelnik, we done it and, so far, it is working for NHibernate.Validator and DataAnnotation.

There are various users using it in Open-Source... mmm probably this is the matter... OSS has users, commercial products has customers, ergo p&p is commercial product.