Will Entlib 5 support CLFS (Common Log File System)?

Topics: Logging Application Block
Feb 3, 2009 at 5:36 AM
I just wanted to know if the Common Log File System which is available from Windows Vista upward on is considered as log destination?
Did somebody use it already or it planned in a future entlib version as log destination?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb986747(VS.85).aspx

From the feature set it looks like a very high performance solution which enables fast log rolling without the need to mitigate this file system tunneling issues usual ntfs files are plagued with.

Yours,
  Alois Kraus
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM
We will confirm this with the EntLib team

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com
Feb 10, 2009 at 8:06 PM
As we are still early in our EntLib5 planning, all I can say now is that we will consider this.
Grigori
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Thanks Grigory.

Yours,

Alois Kraus

Von: gmelnik [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Februar 2009 22:06
An: akraus1@gmx.de
Betreff: Re: Will Entlib 5 support CLFS (Common Log File System)? [entlib:46032]

As we are still early in our EntLib5 planning, all I can say now is that we will consider this.
Grigori

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Thanks Grigory. I am looking forward to it. It could speed up file writing quite a bit when we do no longer have to do costly file size checks after every log write.

Yours,

Alois Kraus

Von: gmelnik [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Februar 2009 22:06
An: akraus1@gmx.de
Betreff: Re: Will Entlib 5 support CLFS (Common Log File System)? [entlib:46032]

Grigori

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:51 AM
You can log your feature request for EntLib 5 here - http://blogs.msdn.com/agile/archive/2009/01/26/enterprise-library-5-what-s-on-your-wish-list.aspx

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com