Unable to use EnterpriseLib6.0 with Windows Store app project

Topics: Logging Application Block
Sep 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Hi,

I am unable to use EnterpriseLib 6.0.1304.0 with Windows Store apps / Metro apps. I get the below exception when I try to install the Nuget for a metro app. But I am able to do the same successfully for a windows form application.

Exception: Could not install package 'EnterpriseLibrary.Common 6.0.1304.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETCore,Version=v4.5', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

FYI, the EntLib6.0 documentation (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40286) clearly states that it supports .net 4.5
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Based on the System Requirements I believe that the only blocks compatible with .NET for Windows Store Apps (previously known as WinRT) is Unity and the Transient Fault Handling Application Block.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Oct 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Thanks Randy. Is there any other logging framework as such which could be used with WinRT applications?
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
The article Logging Sample for Windows Store Apps shows how to log using EventSource/EventListener.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Thanks