Improvements coming to Wasabi?

Topics: Autoscaling Application Block ("Wasabi")
Jun 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Is the Autoscaling Application Block something that is being actively worked on? There are a number of features that are lacking, and I don't really want to create my own private fork of the source code if these features might be implemented soon.

• When writing a custom Reactive Rule, there is no way to get access to the Storage Accounts or Hosted Services from the Service Information Store, because only a handful of methods are exposed via IServiceInformationStore.
  • There is no way to write custom constraint rule actions. I want to write my own custom action besides scaling up and down instances (specifically I'd like to stop or start a deployment).
There are workarounds to both these issues, but I think they are both things that would make sense to allow. I suppose I could fork the Autoscaler source for my own purposes, but if there will be updates to it someday that might not be the best idea. Is anyone still working on this code?
Jun 18, 2013 at 5:18 AM

No updates are planned in the near term. You'll probably be better off forking the Autoscaler and customizing it to your needs.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Please see this update on Windows Azure autoscaling and Wasabi -

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I saw that, but what is now built into Azure has FEWER features than Wasabi, not more. I am already using custom rule operands, custom actions and constraint rules, none of which are supported by the built-in functionality. Even if Wasabi is integrated into Azure feature for feature, it won't necessarily solve the specific issues I mentioned above.