Class LoggingExceptionHandler not present in version 5.0.505 ?

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
May 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Hi,

When I changed de version of entlib in my application to 5.0.505 the following block in web.config started to complain that LoggingExceptionHandler doesn't exists.

How this class changed between entlib versions ? What should I use to replace this class in the following block ?

<exceptionHandling>
<exceptionPolicies>
  <add name="GlobalExceptionLogger">
    <exceptionTypes>
      <add type="System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" postHandlingAction="None" name="Exception">
        <exceptionHandlers>
          <add logCategory="General" eventId="100" severity="Error" title="Enterprise Library Exception Handling" formatterType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.TextExceptionFormatter, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=5.0.505.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" priority="0" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.LoggingExceptionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=5.0.505.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" name="Logging Handler"/>
        </exceptionHandlers>
      </add>
    </exceptionTypes>
  </add>
</exceptionPolicies>
</exceptionHandling>

Thank you !
Editor
May 19, 2013 at 12:44 AM
What version of Enterprise Library were you upgrading from? Are you seeing a runtime error executing the application?

The LoggingExceptionHandler (or LoggingExceptionHandlerData for configuration) is contained in the assembly Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging so that assembly needs to be deployed.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to