Retry logic for windows azure

Topics: Transient Fault Handling Application Block ("Topaz")
May 16, 2013 at 5:48 AM
In the lesson for Retry logic - Add Retry Logic they mention that we have to add reference to Microsoft.AppFabricCAT.Samples.Azure.TransientFaultHandling.dll.

Where can i find this dll.i cannot find it anywhere. Please help.
Editor
May 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Microsoft.AppFabricCAT.Samples.Azure.TransientFaultHandling.dll was part of the predecessor to The Transient Fault Handling Application Block. I'm not sure what lesson you are referring to but you could read use the latest version of Enterprise Library (v6). The Developer's Guide as well as the Reference Docs contain sections about The Transient Fault Handling Application Block.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
May 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I want to know a step by step process on how to implement a retry logic for transient failures in windows azure sql database. can you please provide some help for this.
Editor
May 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Edited May 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
There are many resources available. A good place to start is the Developer's Guide -- Transient Fault Handling. There is also a video that has a demo.

Also, look at the Hands-On Labs for Enterprise Library 5.0 Integration Pack for Windows Azure which has some labs with the Transient Fault Handling Application Block.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to