Adding Enterprise Library nuGet packages to TFS solution causes solution auto-check-out on open?

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
May 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I noticed that after loading the Enterprise Library 6 EHAB for WCF packages from nuGet, my solution file was always being checked out when opened. I'm using Visual Studio 2012 and TFS 2012. I found this thread on Stack Overflow.

If I look at the solution file in notepad I see this section:
GlobalSection(ExtensibilityGlobals) = postSolution
        EnterpriseLibraryConfigurationToolBinariesPathV6 = packages\EnterpriseLibrary.Common.6.0.1304.0\lib\NET45;packages\EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.6.0.1304.0\lib\NET45;packages\EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.WCF.6.0.1304.0\lib\NET45
    EndGlobalSection
If I take out the EnterpriseLibraryConfigurationToolBinariesPathV6 the issue goes away. Does the path have to be there? I do not like the behavior it adds to my source controlled files. I do NOT want the solution files to automatically be checked out EVERY time I open a solution. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
May 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
The path has to be there if you want to use the Visual Studio integrated configuration tool. So, you can remove the configuration path if you don't need/want to use the integrated configuration tool. Other options would be to use programmatic configuration or using the stand alone configuration tool (external to Visual Studio).

There is an issue logged on Connect: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/737184/globalsection-extensibilityglobals-postsolution-checks-out-sln-file-on-open but I don't see any indication of a workaround or a fix.

~~
Randy Levy
entlib.support@live.com
Enterprise Library support engineer
Support How-to
May 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Thanks. I'm doing everything programmatically so I just removed the line and the auto-checkout goes away.