Module Initilizer Problem

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, Enterprise Library Core, Logging Application Block
Jan 1, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Edited Jan 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Hi there,
I am using the Web Client Software Factory with multiple Business Modules which serves my Website as they contain my Business Logic ... for example i have 2 Business Modules.

1- StockControl  Module
2- Fixed Assets Module.

my problem description is as follows .... when the Website Starts the StockControlModuleInitilizer Class is called and the Load Method is Executed Properly without any problems and i am doing some Initilization in this Method that's related to my Application , the same doesn't apply to the FixedAssets Module and the Module Initilizer Class is not been called and the Load method doesn't get executed and i don't know why , and i didn't set any special configuration setting for the StockControl Module, so i am wondering why the Fixed Assets Module is Not working and behaving like the StockControl Module.

Another Question ->> Does the Logger Block enables you to Log to a Database Table instead of the Windows Log??

So Plz Help.
thanks,
Jan 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM
hey .. :) i am the same person who posted the problem ... i found where the bug is ?!!

the Web.config  in Fixed Asset Module Folder in the Website was deleted by me :) ... so i added it again and it works fine now.
the Web,Config holds the Module Name and AssemblyName so that i can be loaded by the Website.... so now i fixed it and sorry for taking space for such a trivial issue,

thanks,
Jan 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Yes, the LAB allows you to log to a database table.  EntLib comes with a script(LoggingDatabase.sql) for creating a database configured for logging.  You can find it in the source code directory, EntLib41Src\Blocks\Logging\Src\DatabaseTraceListener\Scripts.  You would use the Database TraceListener in order to write logs to this database.  If you wish to use a different database, you would need to create your own custom database trace listener.

Sarah Urmeneta

Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:15 PM
Thanks Sarah, i have found it and i am try it right now
Ahmed,