does EL has AOP feature?

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:31 AM
I intend to adopt AOP model for the err handling, but can't find any good reference/sample/material using Enterprise Library.

Or this is just not the right type for AOP stuff? Is the Unity.MethodInjection doable?
Dec 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM
What exactly are you trying to do?  Using EHAB with Policy Injection might provide the behavior you need.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:15 AM
Ya, my research hinted that Policy Injection may do what I need, but I'm looking more for a real AOP model, so we can implement aspect functionality as we see fit, not just about the err handling and logging.

We don't want to adopt some "proprietary" model for few modules, then need to dig up a true-AOP framework for another stuffs. May as well get the right stuff to do the things we want from the start.

The "Unity" seems to have the ability, but I can't find a good enough doc/reference for me about using it.

Someone told me Unity is more for interception, not really build with AOP in mind, recommend me looking into AspectDNG or Spring.Net.
But the product we maintaining already adopting EL, so wondering I can further utilize it.
Dec 29, 2008 at 1:33 AM
Have you seen this screencast? 
http://codebetter.com/blogs/david.hayden/archive/2008/06/01/logging-application-block-and-unity-screencast-entlib-4-0.aspx
It's not a demo for ExceptionHandling but it may help you decide if Unity will suit your need.  If it does, you can try exploring the ExceptionHandlingBlockExtension.

Sarah Urmeneta
Global Technology & Solutions
Avanade, Inc.
entlib.support@avanade.com