Cache Backing Store Exception

Topics: Caching Application Block
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:14 PM
I want to use database MSSQL2000 as a backing store for my application cache. So I configured accordingly.
I am stuck at an exception,
The current build operation (build key Build Key[Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.ICacheManager, MyCache]) failed: Could not find stored procedure 'LoadItems'.

From where can I add 'LoadItems' SP to my database.
(FYI: I am using Enterprise Library 4.1 october release.)

Just in case, following is my config:

<add name="MyConnectionString"
      connectionString="Data Source=MyServer;Initial Catalog=MyDB;User ID=(my user);Password=(my password)"
      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
<cachingConfiguration defaultCacheManager="MyCache">
      <add expirationPollFrequencyInSeconds="60" maximumElementsInCacheBeforeScavenging="1000"
        numberToRemoveWhenScavenging="10" backingStoreName="MyCacheBackup"
        type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.CacheManager, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
        name="MyCache" />
      <add databaseInstanceName="MyConnectionString"
        partitionName="DBCache" encryptionProviderName="" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database.DataBackingStore, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Database, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
        name="MyCacheBackup" />
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM
I got the solution.
I found the SQL scripts in Enterprise Library Source Directories.

My concern is, in every discussion forums, the configuration settings are mentioned, but not a single post explained, what else is needed to configure the caching application block in order to make it running.

any ways keep up the good work.

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:05 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Hi Rahul,

I got the same issue with EntLib 5.0. Thanks for the pointer about the SQL scripts residing the src directories, I could get it working. Thanks for posting this.

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM

under the src folder i can find only the single .msi file.

I also runned the .msi file its pop up a batch file and execute some build operations..

How i can get the scripts and how to get all tables and SP in my database...?

Solution plz.

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM

The script should be found at <source install folder>\Blocks\Caching\Src\Database\Scripts\CreateCachingDatabase.sql

You can install the source code from:

Or you can get the source from codeplex: (or direct link to the sql file: )

Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer