can you view and edit custom nodes in the web.config file using entlibconfig.exe

Topics: General discussion
Jan 30, 2007 at 5:46 PM
I am trying to be able to using the entlibconfig.exe utility to updated the web.config and dataconfiguration.config files. I am able to do everything i need with the dataconfiguration file but I dont know how to be able to view custom nodes that we added to the web.config file. I have the enterprise library june 2005 version. I have already modified a few of the assembles for some of the customizations we need, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
thanks
Jan 30, 2007 at 7:02 PM
There is no documentation available at this time on integrating custom configuration sections with the configuration tool. I don't know if there will be any documentation with the final release.

Your best source to date on understanding how the GUI configuration tool works is to look at the Application Block Software Factory and the current source code for Enterprise Library.

The Application Block Software Factory (ABSF)in particular helps build the necessary infrastructure to integrate new blocks and providers with the configuration tool. It is still in CTP stage, of course, and will probably get more functional and easier to use when released. There is a little bit of documentation on the ABSF in the current Docs folder.

Best Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Jan 31, 2007 at 1:38 AM
Also check out the /CoMan project which adds EntLib configuration support for many web.config sections. However this is for EntLib 2.0, so it won't work with the 1.1 (June 2005) release.

Tom