The EntLib Configuration Editor does not show the Autoscaling Settings

Topics: Autoscaling Application Block ("Wasabi"), Windows Azure Integration Pack
Sep 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hey there,

I have installed the Enterprise Library 5.0 into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0 and have been using it successfully. Now I wanted to add the Windows Azure extensions and unzipped the binaries into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\bin\ folder.

However, the Enterprise Library Configuration Editor does not provide the "Add Autoscaling Settings" from the Blocks menu. What else do I have to do in order to make it run?

Best wishes,

Christian

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Hi Christian, 

I personally prefer using NuGet along with EnterpriseLibrary.config.  When using this setup you only see application blocks that are available based on the installed packages and the project type (profile).  See Entering Configuration Information in the Autoscaling documentation.

But to enable Autoscaling to appear in the configuration tool you should just have to copy these assemblies to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0\Bin directory (or wherever Enterprise Library is installed):

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.Configuration.dll
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.WindowsAzure.Autoscaling.dll

And then ensure that the configuration tool is running from that directory.

--
Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
entlib.support@live.com 

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Hello Randy,

I tried it again and now the configurator works fine (including the Autoscaling Settings). Thanks for your help!

Best wishes,

Christian