Does Data Access Application Block supports to connect to Mobile Database (.sdf)

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Jan 24, 2007 at 2:45 PM
1) I am very much intrested to know about Enterprise Library. I have requirement to have a common DAL to access SQL Server and Mobile database. Can I use Data Access Block to connect to SQLServer(.dbo) and Mobile database(.sdf). Please suggest me some related articles.
2) I have installed Enterprise Library 2006, I was unable to build due to below errors. I verified path is exists. please suggest me how to build.
Error 2 Warning as Error: Invalid search path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib' specified in 'LIB environment variable' -- 'The system cannot find the path specified. ' ObjectBuilder
Error 3 Warning as Error: Invalid search path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\mfc\lib' specified in 'LIB environment variable' -- 'The system cannot find the path specified. ' Common
Error 4 Warning as Error: Invalid search path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib' specified in 'LIB environment variable' -- 'The system cannot find the path specified. ' Common

Thanks,
Jan 24, 2007 at 5:46 PM
Re 1: SQL CE is not supported by the EntLib 2.0 DAAB, however it will be included in the EntLib 3.0 release. This functionality is already available in the CTP releases.

Re 2: I believe this problem is caused by invalid LIB paths in your environment variables. If you clean these up you should be able to build fine.

HTH
Tom
Jan 25, 2007 at 3:19 AM
1: Plz suggest me some web link to CTP.
2: how to clean environment variables.

Thanks,
Jan 25, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Hello,

1) CTP Release
Just click above on the release-tab or
http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx
You'll find on the leftside the CTP Jan Release

2) In vs2005
- Menu Tool->Options...
- On the leftside: Projects and solutions -> VC++ Directories
- Now you can clear the dirs. (Notice right above that there are directories for lib, exe, ...).

Best regards,
Ike