Migration from Enterprises Library 1.1 to Enterprises Library 3.1

Topics: Security Application Block
Oct 14, 2008 at 5:28 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2008 at 6:08 AM

Objective -              Migrating From Enterprises Library 1.1 to Enterprises Library 3.1

Issue-           Some interface and classes are not available in 3.1 corresponding to 1.1

Environment –          Window XP –Visual Studio 2005

I have been using the Enterprises Library 1.1 successfully but now I want to migrate from Enterprises Library 1.1 to Enterprises Library 3.1 , I have been testing it on local machine , I replaced all DLL version 1.1  in bin folder with DLL 3.1 and modified the web.config  referring the 3.1 library, I resolved the most of issues but I am stuck with following issues.

Can you tell me interface or classes in 3.1 Corresponding to 1.1 for the following :-

1.   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.IAuthenticationProvider

2.   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.SecurityRolesProvider

3.   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.NamePasswordCredential

4.   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.IRolesProvider

5.   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.ParameterDataCollection

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:49 PM

The authentication and role management features in Enterprise Library have been deprecated in V2 in favor of the equivalent framework-provided features; you can learn more about this from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc511594.aspx and the Security Application Block QuickStart.

Regarding ParameterDataCollection, I'm not sure what the actual issue you're facing is.