Application using Enterprise Library Logging not logging to Database when using Windows XP Pro with IIS 5.1

Topics: General discussion, Logging Application Block
Jul 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Hi,

I am using Enterprise Library Logging using MSMQ. Message are written on a different machine's queue. I have specified the queuepath in the settings as:

queuePath="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:myserver\PRIVATE$\Mylog"

I am currently on Windows XP SP3 and using IIS5.1. When I run the application, it writes the message to the Outgoing Message queue but then it is lost. It never reaches the "myserver" machine's receiving queue.

As I am new to the Enterprise Library Logging, I am not sure where I am going wrong. And it seems to working for everybody else who is on Windows 7.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Do you have the errors & warnings special source set?  If not, then I would set it to a flat file to capture any errors that occur in Enterprise Library.  It's a good practice and can help when things go wrong.  However, I suspect it won't show much on the client machine (since the message is being written to the outgoing queue).

How are you receiving the messages on the remote server?  Are you using the Distributor Service?  If so, then also configure the errors & warnings special source on the destination server.

This article might help (although it looks like it is not XP specific): Things to Check When Troubleshooting Message Queuing.

--
Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
entlib.support@live.com