I am trying to get Wasabi [Autoscaling] working and nothing is happening

Topics: Windows Azure Integration Pack
Jul 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I am running the EntLabs\Lab02. I have my azure role running and am running the AutocalingHost locally. I think I have set up everything correctly - the host console app says - "Autoscaler running. Press enter to finish". I have changed the rules.xml and set the range min="2" max="2" for the default rule, but my role is staying at 1 instance. I need to see what is happening. Is there a way to log what is happening? It is a bit of a black box and I don't know where to start to fix this.

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Edited Jul 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

There are various ways to enable logging for the Autoscaling Application Block.  See Autoscaling Application Block Logging for more information.

In the specific case of the lab you should be able to debug the host console app and see the log information in the output window.  

Also, ensure that the management certificate is deployed in the local machine (where the host console app is running) certificate store as per the Hands-on Lab - Prerequisites and Setup document.  Actually, all the prerequisites should be completed but I've found that, in general, the certificate step is common oversight.

Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a go on Monday.