Nested Exception Policies

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Sep 18, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Is it possible to have global exception policies in my web.config at the inetpub/wwwroot level and then have more specific, application specific polices in the web.config file for my applications?

Have tried to get this to work and can't get there.

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Hi,

Which version are you using? What didn't work when you tried?

Fernando
Sep 22, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Version 4.0

When I tried to define some of the global exception policies in the web.config of the root web site and some in the web.config of the application, the ones from the root were not visible

Thanks,

Ken

Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:08 AM
To: Walker, Ken
Subject: Re: Nested Exception Policies [entlib:35947]

Hi,

Which version are you using? What didn't work when you tried?

Fernando

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:51 PM
Hi Ken,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

What do you mean by "not visible"? Is it that they don't kick in when the app is running, or that you don't see them in the configuration tool? The former should work (but I haven't tried it lately), while the latter is expected; the configuration tool doesn't know about hierarchical configuration files.

Fernando
Sep 25, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Fernando,

It does not work in the app, because the policy that is defined in the root file is simply not available to the application.  I’ve done some further reading and found that what I’m trying to do is not possible without rewriting the library – so we’ve gone another route.

Thanks for responding

Ken

Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:52 AM
To: Walker, Ken
Subject: Re: Nested Exception Policies [entlib:35947]

Hi Ken,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

What do you mean by "not visible"? Is it that they don't kick in when the app is running, or that you don't see them in the configuration tool? The former should work (but I haven't tried it lately), while the latter is expected; the configuration tool doesn't know about hierarchical configuration files.

Fernando

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (entlib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email entlib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com