CRM and Enterprise Library Configuration

Topics: Data Access Application Block, Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block
Aug 20, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I ran into an issue with CRM 3.0 and Enterprise Library.  We need to add logging and exception handling to the .NET 1.1 assemblies within our solution, so we decided to use Enterprise Library 1.1.  I added the EntLib configuration to Web.config, but I get the following error in the Event Log:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Invalid section name. The section 'loggingConfiguration' does not exist in the requested configuration file 'c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe.config' or the file 'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config'. Make sure that the 'enterpriseLibrary.configurationSections' configuration section exists in one of the files and that the section 'loggingConfiguration' is defined.

I was wondering if there was an alternative place we could add this configuration.  If not, which of the two files would be most appropriate, w3wp.exe.config, or machine.config.  Let me know if you need more information or if there is more appropriate community I can reach out to.

Thanks

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Hi,

I'd say none of these files is appropriate for EntLib's configuration. You can store configuration in separate files in v1.1, but I don't have the docs handy to point to you the right section, and there could be some limitations.

Fernando