Notifying the user of exception in ASP.Net app

Topics: Exception Handling Application Block
Jul 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Hi,
The example given in MSDN for notifying the user apply only to WinForms. And for what I've seen in other places most people tend to redirect the user to an error page. Had someone implemented (or just have an idea) how to use a custom handler in web application without redirecting (display inside a label or a panel)?
Thank you,
Ken
Jul 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Looks like bjarne is doing exactly what you're looking for...

Fernando

ken_saraf wrote:
Hi,
The example given in MSDN for notifying the user apply only to WinForms. And for what I've seen in other places most people tend to redirect the user to an error page. Had someone implemented (or just have an idea) how to use a custom handler in web application without redirecting (display inside a label or a panel)?
Thank you,
Ken

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Hi Fernando,
Thank you but the link you provided seems to link to this discussion thread.... Could you please provide a link to bjarne work?
Thank you,
Ken

fsimonazzi wrote:

Fernando

ken_saraf wrote:
Hi,
Thank you,
Ken

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Do'h! Here's the correct link http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=31157.

Fernando

ken_saraf wrote:
Hi Fernando,
Thank you but the link you provided seems to link to this discussion thread.... Could you please provide a link to bjarne work?
Thank you,
Ken

fsimonazzi wrote:

Fernando

ken_saraf wrote:
Hi,
Thank you,
Ken