Where is the code for the Unity quickstarts?

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:07 PM
I found two Unity quickstarts (StopLight and Event Broker) described in the documentation. 

But under ~\src\Quick Starts, there isn't a folder for a Unity Quick Start per-se, although there are sub-folders such as ~\Security\VB-UnityIntegration\SecurityQuickStart (etc).

What are these "- UnityIntegration" projects?  And where is their associated documentation?

BTW: there's no tag on this forum for "Unity Application Block"

DT
Jul 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM
Unity is a stand-alone project with its own site http://www.codeplex.com/unity. You get Unity's quickstarts, along with its source code, when you install Unity's MSI.

EntLib uses Unity, and the unity integration quickstarts show how.

Hope this helps,
Fernando

dtnpsi wrote:
I found two Unity quickstarts (StopLight and Event Broker) described in the documentation. 

But under ~\src\Quick Starts, there isn't a folder for a Unity Quick Start per-se, although there are sub-folders such as ~\Security\VB-UnityIntegration\SecurityQuickStart (etc).

What are these "- UnityIntegration" projects?  And where is their associated documentation?

BTW: there's no tag on this forum for "Unity Application Block"

DT

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:07 PM

But isn't Unity also a block within EntLib 4.0?  If so, then installing EntLib 4.0 should install everything that installing the standalone Unity does...

And now that I already have EntLib 4.0 installed, is it even valid to also install the standalone Unity?  Add/Remove programs now shows EntLib 4.0 as being installed, which apparently includes some version or sub-set of Unity. So if I now install the standalone Unity, will it show both EntLib 4.0 and Unity 1.x as being installed???  

Also, does EntLib 4.0 install Unity 1.0 or Unity 1.1?   Based on the release dates, it appears that EntLib 4.0 shipped one day before Unity 1.1, so does that imply that EntLib 4.0 installs Unity 1.0?

Sounds like there's going to be ongoing confusion if Unity can be installed from two different feeds. And even worse if the version (or the installed footprint) can be different depending on where you got it... haven't we all learned this lesson before, back when every Microsoft product seemed to be shipping slightly different versions of data access .dll's?

DT