Cannot locate Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll in 5.0 Lib

Topics: Building and extending application blocks, General discussion
Feb 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I am upgrading my SCSF 2008/Visual Studio 2008 solution to SCSF 2010/Visual Studio 2010. The "Migrating SCSF 2008 Solutions to SCSF 2010" section contained in the "SCSF2010Guide.chm" help file states:

"Replace the following references in your solution wiht the Enterprise Library 5.0 assemblies"

• Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll

I have installed "Enterprise Library 5.0 Optional Update 1 - Source Code.msi" and had put a check in the "Build Application Blocks" checkbox.

I installed "Enterprise Library 5.0 Optional Update 1.msi"

I cannot locate Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuillder.dll in either of my EntLib50 directories:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0

C:\EntLib50Src

Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll exists in my EntLib31 directories and Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.dll exists in my EntLib41 directories. Would somebody be able to help me understand why it doesn't exist in my EntLib50 directory and/or where I might be able to get the 5.0 version of Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll?

Thanks in adavnce,
Kevin

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

With Enterprise Library 5 the ObjectBuilder assembly is now included in Unity.

From Enterprise Library 5.0 Changes in this Release

Object Builder, the low-level dependency injection mechanism, has also been subsumed into Unity in this release. You no longer need to reference the Object Builder assembly in your projects, or distribute it with your applications.

--
Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
entlib.support@live.com 

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Thank-you!
I failed to read the "Breaking Changes" section in the Enterprise Library 5.0 Changes in this Release link.
Kevin Lowery
CMES Technical Architect

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 12:03 PM
To: Lowery, Kevin D
Subject: Re: Cannot locate Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll in 5.0 Lib [entlib:304441]

With Enterprise Library 5 the ObjectBuilder assembly is now included in Unity.

From Enterprise Library 5.0 Changes in this Release

Object Builder, the low-level dependency injection mechanism, has also been subsumed into Unity in this release. You no longer need to reference the Object Builder assembly in your projects, or distribute it with your applications.

--
Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
entlib.support@live.com