Enterprise Library June 2005 Issue

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Jun 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM
Hi everybody 

I'm getting the floowing error. "The type initializer for "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataCommandFailedEvent" threw an exception."  while using the data application block. I have not used any performance counters or Instrumentation modules. Please help me in case you have encountereed the same issue. The problem is that its runs fine in my PC where EL june 2005 is installed and when the Dlls are copied in web applications bin directory in any other machine , the above stated error springs up

Hope to have a reply soon.

Thanks
Amit
Jun 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM
Hi,

Here's some information from Tom Hollander on how to install or disable instrumentation for EntLib 1.x.

Fernando

amit_mitra wrote:
Hi everybody 

I'm getting the floowing error. "The type initializer for "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataCommandFailedEvent" threw an exception."  while using the data application block. I have not used any performance counters or Instrumentation modules. Please help me in case you have encountereed the same issue. The problem is that its runs fine in my PC where EL june 2005 is installed and when the Dlls are copied in web applications bin directory in any other machine , the above stated error springs up

Hope to have a reply soon.

Thanks
Amit