problem in using the Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 ver while logging exceptions in case of Event Handlers and webparts class Libraries

Topics: Enterprise Library Core, Exception Handling Application Block, General discussion, Logging Application Block
Jun 3, 2008 at 7:12 AM
Dear all,

I am facing a problem in using the Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 ver while logging the exceptions in our application.(Event Handlers and webparts class Libraries)

The Error Message we are getting in case of class libraries :

The type initializer for Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicy' threw an exception.

Note:  1.  I have placed the safe control entries in the site's web.config file for the ExceptionHandling dll's that i have referred in the class libraries projects.
           2. I have placed the dll's in the BIN folder of the site as well.
           3.These dll's are from the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007" which we get after installation of Enterprise Library.

But i am able to log the errors successfully in Asp.Net normal website using the same Microsoft Enterprise Library application blocks as the way i did for the class libraries.

Any help from your side in resolving this issue would be highly useful to proceed further.
Jun 3, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Hi everybody

i am really in need of the solution as we are in the most critical phose of our project development.....

i am really bit surprised why this exception is occuring only incase of the class libraries project

looking forward ur extended support

Thanks,
kesav7902