How to add Autoscaler to an existing application?

Topics: Building and extending application blocks
Jan 4, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I spent my whole day today reading the Developer guide and I have to admit that it's toooo long and doesn't have the things I was looking for. 

I need a simple thing. How to integrate Autoscaler into an existing cloud application? I went through all documentation in here but couldn't find something useful. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM

You could watch the Autoscaling Windows Azure applications screencast.  The source code download also has a sample console host.  Also the release notes have steps to use the block.  In conjunction with the Developer's guide you can download the Tailspin sample application and see the finished code.

--
Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer
entlib.support@live.com 

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I took a look at Developer's guide, video, tailspin sample, and the release notes. I still think things are really vague. It's still not really clear to me what needs to be changed for an existing cloud app to to add wasabi autoscaling. I dealt with 3rd party solutions and the things they offer are really easy to integrate in a matter of few hours. This is my second day trying to figure out how to integrate the autoscaler and still can't find my way out. 

I really think you guys did a great effort; however, like always, Microsoft fails to make things easy for people to use and grasp.