Building EnterpriseLibrary.2010.sln using MSBUILD

Topics: Building and extending application blocks
Dec 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I am trying to build EnterpriseLibrary.2010.sln using msbuild. I have used the following command:-

msbuild EnterpriseLibrary.2010.sln /t:Build

I have also delay signed all the projects inside the solution. I also had to update the project references as even in 2010 solution if a project references another project, it reference the VS2008 project instead of VS2010 project.

Example: Logging.2010.csproj references Common.csproj instead of Common.2010.csproj so I updated the project reference to Common.2010.csproj

When I do a build I get following error:-

:error cs1705: Assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, version=5.0.414.0, ..........' uses 'System.Core, version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Core, version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

When I build the same solution using VS 2010 it builds fine.

I couldn't understand what is going wrong.

Note that I also tried building the solution without delay signing the assemblies and the solution built fine but I need to the sign the assemblies in any case.

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM

The Enterprise Library source code comes with a build script: BuildLibrary.bat.  That script builds Enterprise Library with the EnterpriseLibrary.sln and not the EnterpriseLibrary.2010.sln.  

Can you try building with that solution file?

Also, I tried running your command and the build fails on the "out of the box" Enterprise Library source code so I'm surprised yours is working.

Randy Levy
Enterprise Library support engineer